One of the most important aspects of owning a home is to protect what you own. Unfortunately, there are so many criminals out there who will stop at nothing to break into homes and steal valuable items. Because these burglars are out there, it's up to you to do everything you can to prevent them from entering your home.
Here are a few ways to prevent home burglaries on your property.
- Work with professional locksmith services -- Contact a trusted locksmith in Spokane, Washington if you really want to ensure your home is protected from criminals. For some reason, too many homeowners leave their doors unlocked or use a faulty locking system in their home, which is basically allowing burglars to enter. By working with an experienced locksmith in Spokane, you can have a quality locking system keeping these criminals out.
- Install a home monitoring system -- According to a police survey, roughly 85% of respondents believe that home monitoring systems help prevent burglary attempts. Although these types of security systems are effective against criminals, only 17% of U.S. homes currently have them installed. If you have these security surveillance systems installed in your home, you stand a much better chance of fighting against these criminals.
- Talk to your neighbors on a regular basis -- By building a relationship with your neighbors, you'll be able to talk to each other about potential threats in the area and whether or not any suspicious activity has been going on.
- Don't announce your vacation plans on social media -- Criminals are actually savvy in some areas, and they regularly monitor social media networks to look for valuable information. Don't announce your vacation plans until you've already returned; you don’t want to broadcast the fact that you are currently miles away.
- Immediately report any suspicious activity -- If there are criminals scoping out your home or your neighborhood, they will likely leave and never return if they see police cars driving through. Even if you're unsure, a quick call to the local police can never hurt.
- Periodically take a look around your property -- You probably won't find anything, but just showing that you're willing to inspect your yard and look around every once in awhile might deter a criminal from attempting to break into your home.