This is one of our most frequently asked questions, but as you may expect the answer isn’t clear-cut. The best home security system for you is the one that best fulfills your needs. This depends in large part where you live. We’ll walk you through the questions you need to ask in order to find the right equipment for you.
What is the best home security system for you?
To find out the answer to this, consider the following questions:
- Do you have an internet connection where you live? If you don’t, you may be limited in the technologies you can choose.
- Will your cameras stay indoors or outdoors?
- Does the camera need to be hidden?
- How good does the image quality need to be? Smaller cameras tend to have inferior video quality.
- Do you need a night vision camera?
- How long do you need to keep your recording history?
- Do you need the ability to view camera footage remotely?
- Do you need motion detection?
Once you answer these questions, the type of hardware you need becomes clear.
Of course, many of us may not know what we need. We’re not all experts in security or security threats! If this applies to you then you might consider other factors.
What is the crime like in your area? How frequent is it, and what types of crime do you need to protect yourself against? In densely populated cities, crime is an everyday occurrence. If you live in such a place, you will probably want:
- A security alarm system
- Cameras with high enough quality to reliably identify intruders
- Cameras with night vision capability
- Cloud-archiving technology
If you live in the suburbs or in a rural area, this may be overkill. Especially if you live in an area where the internet connection is weak, the effectiveness of newer IP cameras may be limited. A visible security alarm system would most likely serve as an adequate deterrent in low-crime areas.
Violent crime is on the rise in the US. Fortunately, for us, security systems are more powerful than ever before. High-quality cloud-connected cameras are extremely difficult for criminals to subvert. Allied Fire and Security has the equipment and expertise to keep you safe. No matter what your situation, peace of mind is only a phone call away.