In years past, you may never have worried about someone breaking into your office building. But in today’s world, you can never be too careful. Commercial building owners need to protect their businesses by investing in the highest quality security options available. And a reliable access control system should be among the security measures utilized by your organization.
At Allied Fire and Security, we’re dedicated to providing the superior access control systems Seattle WA residents rely on. These systems allow you to keep track of anyone who enters -- or attempts to enter -- the property at all times. Not only are access control systems much more convenient than using a key, but they also provide greater compliance and more cost efficiency.
But of course, their benefits won’t be as amplified if your existing system is lacking. If you don’t currently have electronic access control or you suspect your system isn’t as secure as you’d like it to be, you’ll be putting your entire business at risk. Below, you’ll find five troubling signs that your access control system needs a serious upgrade.
- You’ve experienced a break-in or theft: This is obviously the number one sign that your security system is lacking. After all, keys are fairly easy to copy or steal. And if your access system is sorely outdated, those vulnerabilities may have been easy to spot. Unfortunately, an incident like this can have major consequences for your business. Not only will you have to deal with replacing items and filing a police report, but you may even have to consider the possibility that a “loyal” employee was behind the entire thing. A top-of-the-line access security system, however, will ensure you know exactly who entered and exited a specific area and will keep unwanted intruders out.
- You don’t have remote access: You can’t possibly be expected to be everywhere at once -- at least, not literally. But in the digital age, it’s possible to surveil and secure a location even when you aren’t on the premises. Whether you spend a lot of time out of the office or simply want to make sure that a door remains locked over a holiday weekend, having a security system with remote access translates to superior security and overall peace of mind.
- Your company is growing rapidly: Is your company on the upswing? That’s tremendous news. But it could result in a security or accessibility issue if you’re relying on a smaller-scale system. You may not have keys or key cards ready for new employees right away, which can make it more difficult for them to do their jobs. But when you use the most up-to-date access control systems Seattle WA has to offer, you won’t ever have to worry about calling up a locksmith or waiting an exorbitant amount of time for new key cards to be produced. Instead, you’ll benefit from an efficient, scalable system that won’t let any of your new hires down.
- Your current system is a source of frustration: Businesses that rely on subpar security systems often have to use outdated methods to keep track of which employees gained access to which areas and when. Keeping track of these records on paper or on a printed report indicates that your security system is lacking and that you’re likely wasting a lot of time. The same goes for having to sift through a huge ring of keys just to get into the office in the morning. These scenarios mean that your security system adds frustration to the lives of both employees and owners. Your access control system should make your life easier, not harder. A modern security system will not only improve your ability to monitor the property, but it’ll also improve your experience at work overall.
- You’ve been using the same system for several years: In this ever-evolving technological landscape, businesses have a responsibility to keep up with the times. If they don’t, they’ll undoubtedly put their security at risk. Outdated systems may unexpectedly shut down or compromise building security. Your business has definitely outgrown what a 10-year-old system can provide -- and would-be criminals can easily outsmart an old, worn-out security measure. In the same way that you run regular updates on your computer networks and undergo training for new computer systems, you’ll need to prioritize the implementation of cutting-edge access control systems.
Just because your current security system has “worked just fine” in the past doesn’t mean that it will forever. In fact, that line of thinking indicates that you could probably use an upgrade. When you’re looking for the access control systems Seattle WA locals choose most, think of Allied Fire and Security. We’ve made it easier and more affordable to obtain the best access control services for your business. Contact us today to learn more.